At MicroGEM, our goal is to democratize molecular biology, enabling a broader spectrum of users to benefit from complex molecular techniques. The first step toward this goal is the simplification of sample preparation and nucleic acid extractions. Our temperature-driven, single-tube process simplifies the number of steps for traditional DNA and RNA extractions, preserving extracts with less risk of contamination, significantly reduced plastic waste, and no harsh chemicals – all in minutes, not hours.
Gene therapy, molecular biology, pharmacology, forensics, and plant/insect pathology are just a few areas where MicroGEM is helping scientists produce faster analysis and results.
Join us. Help us advance our technical activities and grow our core business. We are currently hiring for the following position:
Intellectual Property Manager
The intellectual property manager works with the group legal counsel to implement the company’s intellectual property plan and operational framework. The position is responsible for implementing, maintaining and continually improving project and knowledge management systems and documentation, providing expert advice on intellectual property to the R&D teams and senior management, and identifying freedom to operate.
The position works closely with the chief science officer (NZ) and technical teams (NZ and US) to identify the emerging new innovation for intellectual property protection and technology translation, including the identification and protections of intellectual property in collaborative projects and commercialisation.
The position could be based in Southampton, United Kingdom or Dunedin, New Zealand (alternate locations could also be considered).
What makes you stand out?
- A degree or similar experience in a life science discipline is strongly preferred
- A degree in law is strongly preferred
- Ability to develop strategic plans to provide a strong IP position for company's products and the ability to articulate those plans to senior management
- Ability to manage the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate searches
- Sense of urgency and ability to drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of patent and trademark law is a must.
As an international biotech company, we're always on the look-out for talented scientists, engineers, and sales professionals who want to apply their skills to cutting-edge molecular biology. We're also eager to meet interns interested in exploring their interests in biotechnology and expanding their skills in the fields of business administration, marketing, technology development, genomics, or molecular biology.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you could contribute to our mission.