Job Opening: Manager of Digital Marketing
At MicroGEM, we are putting rapid diagnostic technologies where they’re needed most – whether it’s a farmer’s field in Uganda to diagnose cassava mosaic virus; the depths of the Pacific Ocean to rapidly sample and analyze water pathogens; or a doctor’s office to quickly identify infectious disease. We call this ‘democratizing molecular biology’ – bringing molecular biology techniques out of conventional, highly skilled laboratories to the point-of-need where they can be used by anyone to solve complex biological problems.
Join us. Help us advance our technical activities and grow our core business. We are currently hiring for the following position:
MANAGER OF DIGITAL MARKETING
The digital marketing manager works closely with the director of strategic marketing to deploy timely digital marketing campaigns that support our brand, messaging and mission. The digital marketing manager leads our digital marketing efforts with deep understanding of the digital media environment and experience creating, implementing, and evaluating marketing campaigns on a variety of digital platforms. This position creates outreach action plans around different geographic, industry, academic, and application-based sectors, and ensures every lead is nurtured with the aim to ultimately convert leads to sales. The digital marketing manager is a key contributor to the development and implementation of MicroGEM’s annual strategic sales and marketing plan.
- Create awareness and drive engagement by developing and managing digital marketing and social media campaigns around MicroGEM’s product offerings and key messaging
- Develop targeted ad campaigns on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Adwords, driving followers, increasing website traffic, generating leads, and improving sales
- Work with the sales team to develop compelling campaigns and supporting content
- Direct efforts to generate, nurture, and convert every lead with disciplined follow-up and scheduled outreach, treating each lead as a precious commodity
- Brainstorm creative approaches to help customers understand our unique value proposition
- Work with strategic media partners to develop customized campaign packages targeting new customers, emerging sectors, and MicroGEM’s competitive strengths
- Develop metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of each campaign and recommend strategic pivots
- Maintain and continuously improve website functionality and content, including a monthly plan to improve search engine optimization and content performance
- Develop an annual conference calendar (virtual for 2020 and perhaps beyond) and coordinate sales and marketing activities at each event
What makes you stand out?
- Deep understanding of best practices related to digital platforms, digital marketing tactics, metrics, analytics, and reporting
- Flair to create exciting content and delivery
- Some understanding of basic biology is a strong asset
- Exceptional communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- An affinity for team collaboration and the ability to work well with a diverse team representing science, engineering, sales, and administration
- Strong command of MS Office and Adobe products; experience with wordpress and website administration
- Degree in marketing or related field
- 3+ years of proven experience as Digital Marketing Manager or similar role
Check out the job description!
As an international biotech company, we're always on the look-out for talented scientists, engineers, and sales professionals who want to apply their skills to cutting-edge molecular biology. We're also eager to meet interns interested in exploring their interests in biotechnology and expanding their skills in the fields of business administration, marketing, technology development, genomics, or molecular biology.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and let us know how you could contribute to our mission.