This position, reporting to the Director of Global Sales, will be responsible for supporting customers in successfully adopting and integrating MicroGEM’s novel technologies into their workflows. These efforts will include preparing and providing seminars on the products to help close purchasing opportunities, developing and optimizing workflows and applications on the products, and providing technical support for customers using the products. The ideal candidate will have experience with liquid handling robotic systems (programming, integration), or be willing to learn these skills to assist in developing high throughput methodologies for our customers. In addition, this position will support, as needed, MicroGEM’s COVID-19 testing platform, soon to be released. Responsibilities include:
- Working with the U.S. based sales team to drive adoption of the products in customers’ labs, through seminars, on-site (or remote) discussions, experimental optimizations, integration into downstream applications and workflows.
- Providing post-sales support for customers – either remote or in person.
- Developing, testing, and optimizing automation scripts on various automation platforms – primarily at customer sites. Partnering with automation companies in the integration of their platforms with MicroGEM’s products.
- Working with the global support teams: technical services and field scientists, along with internal R&D scientists – to develop and implement consistent strategies and best practices for applications and workflows in customers’ labs.
- Working with internal partners in the development of information for a global Knowledgebase.
- Documenting customer interactions, experiences, resolutions, etc., in the customer support documentation system.
- Providing field or remote support for the COVID91 testing platform as needed.
- Interfacing with the company’s R&D and product management teams to communicate customer issues and/or opportunities for continued partnerships with MicroGEM.
- Partnering with the field support team to develop application notes, troubleshooting guides, workflow strategies, etc., to ensure customers are consistently successful in adopting and using MicroGEM’s products.
- Minimum of M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field (Ph.D. preferred).
- Some experience in a customer facing role, or the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer facing skills.
- Broad-based experience in a variety of research technologies: sequencing, qRT-PCR, genotyping, CRISPR, forensics, etc.
- Experience working in or with CLIA labs and familiarity with regulatory elements associated with these types of assays.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Some experience, or willingness to learn, laboratory automation systems and programming for product adaptation.
- Tremendous organizational skills.
- Collaborative nature.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: The ideal candidate will be in the mid-Atlantic region, with ready access to MicroGEM’s Charlottesville, VA location. This is a field position so travel is expected – 50 – 75% travel.