This position, reporting to the Global Director of Sales, will be responsible for developing business in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Africa. Primary responsibilities include directly interfacing with customers and distribution partners either via Zoom, phone, email, or in person to expand business in the biopharma, CMO/CRO, forensics, and academic markets. Responsibilities include:
- Promote and sell MicroGEM’s products within an assigned geographic area, produce range, or list of customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets
- Organize or take part in seminars, presentations, and sales negotiations for important or potential customers/partners.
- Collect project information through various sales channels, and actively follow up to realize “create reference” and “success negotiation”.
- Compile regular reports such as: forecasts, visit reports, market and customer information, competition analysis; secure offer and order follow up to ensure each project placing order.
- Work on a regular cadence with distribution sales representatives making sales calls, presentations, and providing distributor sales training and quarterly business reviews to ensure product adoption and that each distributor meets/exceeds the agreed-to annual sales targets.
- Partner with the field support team in developing application notes, troubleshooting guides, and workflow strategies to ensure customer success and satisfaction in adoption and use of MicroGEM’s products.
- Perform proof of concept experiments in the U.K. lab of MicroGEM to support adoption of product with application-specific data
- An M.S. degree in a life science field, preferably a Ph.D
- Some experience in a customer-facing role, or the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer-facing skills
- Tremendous organizational skills
- Collaborative nature
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible and adaptable by nature
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Location: United Kingdom