With the pending commercialization of MicroGEM's COVID-19 point-of-need saliva test, and the anticipated growth of its commercial products, MicroGEM is establishing a technical services and customer care department in Charlottesville, Virginia. We have an immediate need to hire a technical services specialist. Join us and be part of building a world-class customer-focused support organization.
Position: Technical Services Specialist
This position, reporting to the Director of Technical Services and Customer Care, will be responsible for directly interfacing with customers either via phone, email, website, and all avenues through which customers will reach out for information on and support of MicroGEM’s products. Primary responsibilities will be related to the support of the new rapid COVID-19 diagnostic platform, which will soon be on the market. This position will also help support MicroGEM's full line of life science products. Responsibilities include:
- Responding to customer inquiries as they relate to using the new diagnostic platform.
- Responding to and managing the customer experience as it relates to proper usage, troubleshooting, and inquiries related to the platform.
- Partnering with MicroGEM’s engineers, R&D staff, support management, and product management to resolve customer issues and manage customer escalations.
- Managing the logistics of product returns, and replacements, if warranted, when a problem cannot be resolved remotely.
- Based on the customer experience, providing feedback into the appropriate internal organizations on the customers’ experience with the platform.
- Documenting, processing, and tracking all complaints and inquiries in the Customer Support documentation system, in compliance with FDA and ISO requirements.
- Partnering with the Quality and Regulatory teams to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Developing and evolving a knowledgebase designed to provide staff and customers with consistent support, information, and tips and tricks.
- Developing and executing customer satisfaction surveys on a regular basis.
As a new position within the company, this individual will help the Director of Technical Support and Customer Experience define, refine, and improve the processes, behaviors, and logistics of the team as it continues to grow.
Minimum Qualifications (desired, but not required):
- A degree in a scientific field, preferably a B.S. in Biology.
- Some experience in a customer-facing role or the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer-facing skills.
- Tremendous organizational and administrative skills.
- A collaborative nature.
- A can–do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Location: Charlottesville, VA