With the pending commercialization of MicroGEM's COVID-19 point-of-need saliva test, and the anticipated growth of its commercial products, MicroGEM is establishing a technical services and customer care department in Charlottesville, Virginia. We have an immediate need to hire a technical services specialist. Join us and be part of building a world-class customer-focused support organization.
Position: Technical Services Scientist
This position, reporting to the Director of Technical Services and Customer Care, will be responsible for directly interfacing with customers either via phone, email, website, and all avenues through which customers will reach out for information on and support of MicroGEM’s products. Primary responsibilities will be related to the support of MicroGEM’s Life Science Research products, but this position will also help, as needed, to support the new diagnostic platform. Responsibilities include:
- Responding to customer inquiries as they relate to using MicroGEM's research products.
- Responding to and managing the customer experience as it relates to resolving proper usage, troubleshooting, and inquiries related to research products.
- Partnering with MicroGEM’s engineers, R&D staff, support management, and product management to resolve customer issues and manage customer escalations.
- Partnering closely with the field organization (sales, product, and field specialists) to assist customers with the research products.
- Partnering with the field support team to develop application notes, troubleshooting guides, workflow strategies, etc., to ensure customers are successful in adopting and using MicroGEM’s products.
- Providing application and downstream support to customers to effectively integrate MicroGEM’s novel technologies into downstream workflows.
- Interfacing with the company’s R&D and product management teams to communicate customer issues and/or opportunities for continued partnerships with MicroGEM.
- Providing additional support to the new COVID-19 saliva testing system as it relates to usage, troubleshooting, replacements, etc.
- Documenting, processing, and tracking all complaints and inquiries in the Customer Support documentation system.
- Partnering with the Quality and Regulatory teams, as needed, to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and systems.
- Developing and evolving a knowledgebase designed to provide internal staff and customers with consistent support, information, and tips and tricks for all MicroGEM products.
- Developing and executing customer satisfaction surveys on a regular basis.
- Occasionally travelling locally to deliver seminars or assist with customer support at their site.
As a new position within the company, this individual will help the Director of Technical Support and Customer Experience define, refine, and improve the processes, behaviors, logistics of the team as it continues to grow.
- Minimum of M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related scientific field (Ph.D. preferred).
- Some experience in a customer-facing role, or the aptitude and attitude to develop superior customer-facing skills.
- Broad-based experience in a variety of research technologies: sequencing, qRT-PCR, genotyping, CRISPR, forensics, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills, including presentations to customers to educate and resolve application and/or workflow issues.
- Some experience, or willingness to learn, laboratory automation systems and programming for product adaptation.
- Tremendous organizational skills.
- A collaborative nature.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of software tools (Sales Force, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and be flexible and adaptable by nature.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Location: Charlottesville, VA