Join us as a MicroGEM marketing intern.
Elevate our profile. Build our followers. Dream up ways to engage customers.
Celebrate amazing research projects.
Are you a marketing, communications, or media student who wants to practice your skills in the fast-paced world of biotechnology? Are you an entrepreneurial-thinking digital media guru who wants to see your creative ideas drive actual engagement and sales?
We’re looking for an eager marketing intern or two to join our team. Help elevate our profile in the competitive world of DNA and RNA extraction. Build our followers and dream up creative ways to engage potential customers. Celebrate the amazing research projects our customers undertake to truly make the world a better place.
From unmanned submarines doing water quality testing, to human ID from bone fragments, to identification of insect infestations in macadamia nut crops, to keeping bee hives healthy, to improving the speed at which sex crime kits can be processed – these are just a few of the projects where MicroGEM is helping researchers tackle critical problems with wide-ranging impacts.
We’re changing the way scientists conduct their research. We’ve invented a new way to do DNA and RNA extractions. This is fundamental to most life science and forensic research, and we’re helping make these extractions faster and more efficient, with much less plastic waste, far less harsh chemicals, and reduced contamination and errors. Learn more about our unique approach.
Our ideal marketing intern will have an entrepreneurial spark and the ability to thrive in a high-risk, high-demand environment where minutes and hours matter. We need someone who brings experience with digital and social marketing. An intern with basic knowledge in biology or genomics is our dream, but not a deal-breaker.
- Create awareness and drive engagement by developing digital marketing and social media campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team
- Brainstorm creative approaches to help scientists understand our unique value proposition
- Extend our reach by introducing our message across multiple platforms
- Help us monitor and improve search engine ranking and content performance
- Recommend creative ways to monitor campaigns from launch to completion
- Assist with content creation suitable for distribution across all content platforms
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activities to constantly improve our messaging and positioning
- Support the marketing and sales team with additional projects related to public relations, internal communications, customer discovery forums, and traditional media.
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a strong sense for design and aesthetics
- Deep understanding of current online marketing tools
- Analytical skills to test and evaluate campaigns
- A high degree of professionalism
- The ability to work independently and the wisdom to know when you need help
- An affinity for team collaboration and the ability to work well with a diverse team representing science, engineering, sales, and administration
- Strong command of the MS Office Suite
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
As a contributing member of our team, we'll pay you a competitive hourly rate. Can you commit to 10-15 hours per week? Let’s give it a try for the fall semester – option to extend through the spring semester or possible full-time employment if things go well!