Job Opening: Management Accountant
At MicroGEM, our goal is to democratize molecular biology, enabling a broader spectrum of users to benefit from complex molecular techniques. The first step toward this goal is the simplification of sample preparation and nucleic acid extractions. Our temperature-driven, single-tube process simplifies the number of steps for traditional DNA and RNA extractions, preserving extracts with less risk of contamination, significantly reduced plastic waste, and no harsh chemicals – all in minutes, not hours.
Gene therapy, molecular biology, pharmacology, forensics, and plant/insect pathology are just a few areas where MicroGEM is helping scientists produce faster analysis and results.
Join us. Help us advance our technical activities and grow our core business. We are currently hiring for the following position:
With operations in 4 countries and an international reach, MicroGEM is a dynamic and fast-growing company in the area of molecular biology. Our goal is to democratize molecular biology, enabling a broader spectrum of users to both employ and benefit from molecular techniques.
We will achieve this through seamless integration of Sample Preparation, Microfluidics and Synthetic Biology to create person portable devices that anyone can use. With a diverse portfolio and an innovative approach, the MicroGEM scientists push the boundaries of molecular biology, working
independently and in collaboration with third parties to generate a unique collection of Intellectual Property.
The company is expanding quickly to help support the fight against COVID-19 and MicroGEM is looking for someone to join the expanding global finance department based in the UK but responsible for Group reporting as well as accounting for subsidiaries in the UK, USA and New Zealand.
What makes you stand out?
- A degree or similar experience in a life science discipline is strongly preferred
- A degree in law is strongly preferred
- Ability to develop strategic plans to provide a strong IP position for company's products and the ability to articulate those plans to senior management
- Ability to manage the preparation and prosecution of patent applications and conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate searches
- Sense of urgency and ability to drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and highly effective analytical and problem-solving skills, including excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of patent and trademark law is a must.
Check out the job description!
As an international biotech company, we're always on the look-out for talented scientists, engineers, and sales professionals who want to apply their skills to cutting-edge molecular biology. We're also eager to meet interns interested in exploring their interests in biotechnology and expanding their skills in the fields of business administration, marketing, technology development, genomics, or molecular biology.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and let us know how you could contribute to our mission.